Style, Philosophy & Experience
I am a lively Baby Boomer who believes in life-long learning to apply to my professional and personal life challenges. I’d like to see Success come to you too. Connecting with Experts, harvesting online information and Professional Groups will make that happen for you. How do you cultivate these relationships? Tap your existing networks from high school, college, earlier jobs, colleagues, friends, relatives, clubs and associations. Just starting out? You need to create connections too!
• For example, our coaching school has changed online software several times and will again for our online teleclasses. And our reach is now Eastern Europe, Russia and Oceania, not just North America and the UK.
• Do you want to teach? As an adjunct Professor of Management, I’ve flexed learning techniques for Distracted 20-Somethings and Nervous-Yet-Competent Gen Xers as Returning MBA Students.
• As an Extension Master Gardener who’s not a natural to science and soil, I’ve had to learn about Zone 8 plants, bugs and soils to educate new residents who moved to our State. Our Ag Agent and our online University resources provide these answers so we’re sharing research-based information.
To us, learning is about Facilitation—getting you engaged in conversation whether it’s about leadership, coaching or dealing effectively with difficult situations. We tap your experiences that you share so others can learn, adapt and get ideas too. We like to inspire and motivate people to take Action around leadership, sales, your career or personal goals.
Donna Coulson & Associates, LLC, NJ & Wilmington, NC – CEO, Coach, Facilitator. Since 1998, our client base has been primarily Fortune 1000 companies, Federal, State and County Government Agencies, Nonprofits, and University-based training programs. More recently, we’ve been coaching Entrepreneurs.
• Donna has served as a faculty member for Corporate Coach University since 2000 facilitating Coaching Practicum, Diversity, Essence, Assessments, Foundations, Group Coaching and Team Coaching. Coaches attend virtually online from Asia, Australia, Eastern Europe, Russia, the UK, Canada and the US. She is also affiliated with the NCSU Business Coaching Certificate program in Raleigh.
• Donna worked on staff with AT&T Bell Laboratories, Prudential Investment Corporation, PRUPAC and NJ Natural Gas in Employee Development Consulting, PR and HR Management roles.
• She’s enjoyed working with high-potential Emerging Leaders through WOMEN Unlimited in Boston, NYC and NJ as Regional Manager. The firm also develops leaders at Mid-Management and Executive levels and is based in the US, Singapore and Shanghai. Donna has also facilitated public and private Supervisory Management programs at the Rutgers Center for Management Development.
• As Adjunct Professor of Management, Donna’s taught at Georgian Court University, Brookdale Community College and Corporate College Services which provides BA/MBA degree completion onsite in Fortune 500s. She’s taught Health Coaching & Mind & Body Wellness in the MS program at UMDNJ.
Donna’s community involvement involves both professional and personal pursuits that tickle her fancy.
In NJ, she’s served on the United Way Board, was a member of the NJ/National Association of Women Business Owners and was active in the early days of the Monmouth County Network of Working Women through Brookdale Community College.
When Donna changed her operating base to Coastal Carolina, Donna founded the Douglass College Alumae Groups in Wilmington and Raleigh to create a network of smart NJ women in NC. She also created the ICF Raleigh Chapter Cutting Edge Conversation Group for local coaches to connect. She’s a career-long member of SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management) both at the Jersey Shore and the Cape Fear Region. She’s a Mentor to Business students through the UNCW Cameron Executive Network. Donna enjoys courses at UNCW’s OLLI (Osher Life-Long Learning Institute) and is a presenter to the Women of Valor program.
For fun, Donna and her husband volunteer at the 1857 Thalian Hall and newer Cape Fear Stage theaters. Donna is also a certified Master Gardener in Brunswick County where she serves on the NC State Board, mentors new Master Gardeners and handles PR for plant sales.
My Walking Life
Iceland Galax, VA Machu Picchu